Vitus Audio SP-102 Phonostage
Starting from scratch!
The Vitus Audio SP-101 replacement has arrived. After spending a very long time developing the new two chassis Vitus Audio MP-P201 extreme phonostage, it was clear that a serious look at a replacement for the Vitus Audio SP-101 was needed.
In the development of the Vitus Audio MP-P201, we did not expectthat the improvement in performance would be sodramatic, but all the hours of refining, even the smallestof parts, really paid off in an unimaginable way.As a result, the Vitus Audio SP-102 is not an upgraded SP-101.
It is a brand new design based on the technologies gained through the development of the Vitus Audio MP-P201. It therefor incorporates the same features for setting, both loading and sensitivity via our RC-010 systems remote or directly from the front. Instead of the normal MM/MC selection, we implemented a very flexible gain setting feature. The actual setting correlates to the output voltage of the cartridge being used. To be as flexible as possible, we scanned the market for all the different types of cartridges we could find, simply to allow the resolution of the gainsteps to be as optimal as possible.
The result gives perfect matching with output voltages ranging from 125uV - 10mV. Together with our well known true balanced, full discrete technologies, we believe the Vitus Audio SP-102 together with the MP-P201, sets a new standard for analogue reproduction
Vitus Audio SP102 Specifications:
- Availability: Q2 / 2010
- Model: SP-102
- Product Type: True balanced Phonostage
- Inputs: 1x unbalanced (RCA) / 1 x balanced (XLR)
- Input Resistance: Range - no limitationsAdjusted from the front or via the RC-010.
- Outputs: 1 x unbalanced (RCA) / 1 x balanced (XLR)
- Dimensions: 135 x 435 x 402 mm / (H x W x D)
- Input Sensitivity: Range - 125uV - 10mVAdjusted from the front or via the RC-010.
- Internal Cabling: Andromeda by VA
- Remote Controlled: YES (remote control purchased separately)
- Total Weight: 24 Kg